2. Submission must be the student's original work and not published elsewhere.
3. Entrants must be current* high school juniors or seniors able to verify their grade level status. (*Rising juniors for the 2020-2021 school year and recent high-school graduates (Spring 2020) may also apply.)
4. US and international students may apply. Please note that the scholarship award will be delivered digitally in US dollars.
5. Submissions must be in English but may include short bits of other languages as a part of a story. Poetry is also welcome.
6. The judgement of contest winners is final.
7. Submissions must be under 3000 words and address at least one of the given prompts for 2020.
Free to enter.
Entries will be accepted through 11:59pm on July 23rd, 2020.
Submissions will be made anonymous before being reviewed and a winner selected.
On August 6th, 2020, a grand prize scholarship winner ($1,000) and two runners up ($50) will be announced.
Finalists will be notified prior to the announcement of prize winners.
Pending author approval, winning submissions will be featured on the Learncurious website and blog.
Thank you for honoring Phyliss's love for the written word.